Welcome to York Golf & Tennis Club
Located in York, Maine, York Golf & Tennis Club offers turn of the century elegance with spectacular views of the York River. Donald Ross designed the York Golf course in the early 1900’s. Now known as the William Wilson Course (in recognition of the long time Club golf professional), it remains a showcase for golf throughout the Maine and New Hampshire area.
In addition to the golf course, the club includes six Har-Tru and two hard tennis courts, pro shops for both golf and tennis, a new club house and the original, historic Old Club House for weddings and celebrations that is available to both members and non-members. Learn more about membership here.
The Mission of the York Golf and Tennis Club is to maintain a diverse and welcoming club that provides a quality experience in golf and tennis programs, social events, and dining.
Our Guiding Principles:
- Our members take pride in the rich tradition of golf and tennis, family centered values and sustainability for the future.
- The York Golf and Tennis Club is committed to being a leader and supporter of our community.
- Our members and our staff understand and appreciate these values and are mutually supportive of each other.
- Our facilities, location, members and staff are our greatest assets.
- We strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of operations.
Capitalizing on our unique setting, we will continue to enhance our visibility and positive image in the community. We will remain committed to providing a high quality membership experience through continuous innovation and improvement. In order to fulfill this vision, we will:
- Build our membership to ensure future sustainability.
- Broaden our appeal by creating greater value for our members and prospective members while maintaining fiscal responsibility and affordability.
- Maintain, invest in and improve our premier golf and tennis facilities, the Old Club House, and the other buildings and infrastructure of the Club, and do so in a historically accurate and environmentally responsible manner.
- Continue to employ highly accredited and skilled teaching professionals who offer innovative programs and provide a range of positive experiences for members of all ages and ability levels.
- Maintain a family-centered culture of inclusiveness, civility and respect that will attract members and a highly dedicated and well-trained staff.